Gobeil’s Collection of 1,000 Questions™ - QAFP
These are the 1,000+ multiple-choice questions and detailed solutions that have helped over 15,000 candidates prepare for preparing to write the Canadian Personal Financial Planning Examinations. This study aid is a learning tool, as well as a test of your preparation.
Windows or Mac Software
The Software will run on a PC running Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or 10; or on a Mac running OS X 10.8 or higher. You do not connect to the internet while studying.
You can view three sample questions here.
Questions by Topic
The questions are presented to you by topic.
- Financial Management
- Home Ownership
- Education Planning
- Income Tax Planning
- Investment Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Risk Management
- Estate Planning and Family Law
- Code of Ethics
- Financial Planning Practices
What is included in each question
Each question includes:
- a description of a client situation;
- description of the concepts underlying the situation;
- Questions based upon legislation, such as the Income Tax Act, include references to the legislation. Other questions may refer to interpretations in CRA Publications.
- Ask John:
- If you have no idea as to the answer to a question, you can select “Ask John” and review the concept before answering the question. John is happy to help you make better use of your study time.
- Solutions to the questions with calculations;
- The solutions to questions involving calculations include the formulas for the calculation and the values of the various variables.
- Solutions to the questions without calculations;
- Solutions to questions not involving calculations are quite extensive with an explanation as to why the correct answer is correct and why the wrong answers are wrong.
The Software will randomly select 50 questions and present you with a 1.5 hour exam. The Software marks your answers and shows you the solutions. You can complete any number of practice exams, each based upon a random selection of 50 questions.
Clarifications and Corrections
Our objective is to offer you the best study aids available for the Examination. If you want a clarification on some concept, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, identifying the topic and the question number, and describing your concerns.
The study aid has the following features:
- you learn by doing - most of the questions require you to apply your knowledge to a situation, so you learn how to use this knowledge, not just how to memorize definitions;
- each question has a detailed solution, explaining why the correct answer is right, and why the other answers are wrong;
- the distribution of questions by topic area is similar to the distribution of questions on the exam;
- the software keeps track of your score by topic, so you know which subjects you need to work on;
- the software keeps track of your answers unless you tell it that you want to start over;
- you can repeat the questions over and over again;
- you will require from 3 to 4 hours to complete each 100 questions; and
- the interactive format makes studying more interesting.
You are licensed to use the Software until the date of the next QAFP™ Examination. If you rewrite at a subsequent date, you will need to purchase a new license.
Gobeil’s Collection of 1,000 Questions™ is a trade mark of D. R. Gobeil & Associates Ltd.
We Also Recommend